Who We Are
This Notice tells you what to expect in relation to personal information about you which is collected, handled and processed by Matt Case Sax (“Matt Case” or “We”) as Data Controller.
We are committed to protecting your data and respecting your privacy.
We aim to be clear when we collect your data and not do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect with your data. We handle and process data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (“GDPR”), Data Protection Act 2018, and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003.
Information We May Collect
You give us information when you book, contact us with an enquiry, use or register on the Website, fill out a form, request us to provide you with information, engage in a promotion, update your current booking or preferences on our Website; contact us via email, phone and
mobile messaging or when posting on or communicating via our social medial platforms, or by communicating with us via any other channel.
The information we may collect, hold and process about you, provided by you, may include:
• Email address
• Telephone number(s)
• Billing information
• Details of other people within your booking including name
• Purchase/transaction history
• Your preference for how we communicate with you about our activities
• Details of your visits to our website including but not limited to traffic data, location data, communication data and resources you have accessed
• Information that is available publicly, including social media username if you interact with us through social media channels
• Record of any previous bookings
We maintain a record of your booking history, but we never store your payment details. We will never ask for or take your card or payment details. All of the transactions that you make with us will be via an invoice that we send you.
We keep a record of the emails we send you, and we may track whether you receive or open them.
With regard to each of your visits to our Website we collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer/device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
How We Use Your Information
The above information is used to:
• provide our services to you and enable us to process, administer and manage your booking, orders, contracts, accounts and enquiries;
• create an account so that we understand and respect your preferences;
• inform you about changes to our products and services or new products and services, event offers and promotions;
• communicate information about any agreement you may have with us or have enquired about;
• inform you about offers and promotions that may be of interest or relevance to you;
• improve the services we offer you (which may sometimes include undertaking customer research);
• keep a record of your relationship with us and how you prefer to be contacted;
• ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• administer prize draws and competitions you have entered;
• allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• assist us in our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• resolve an enquiry or progress a complaint;
• comply with legal and regulatory obligations placed on Matt Case Sax;
• comply with Government guidance or public health reasons including NHS contact tracing.
Matt Case Sax and/or its media partners may from time to time create images and/or audio-visual footages of you and your guests at an event. Matt Case Sax is the owner of all rights in such footages and shall be entitled to use such footage on any media platform for promotional, marketing and commercial purposes.
How We Keep Your Information Safe
All personal information we hold is stored on secured 256-bit encrypted servers. All data is encrypted both at rest and in transit. Server backup data is also securely encrypted to the same level. Access to our information is strictly controlled. We may disclose your details in complianceto police, regulatory bodies or legal advisors if so required.
Disclosure Of Your Information
Such third party providers may include:
• Event booking system provider,
• Subcontracted personnel,
• Email distribution services,
• SMS distribution service,
• CRM systems,
• Website provider,
• IT companies who support our Website and other business services,
• Analytical or search engine provider to assist us with the improvement or optimisation of our Website,
We never sell personal information to third parties. Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our commercial partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Legal Basis For Processing The Information
The legal basis for collecting and processing your data may be:
• Consent – you may have given us your consent to use your data for example when you tick a box to receive marketing emails, offers and newsletters. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
• Contractual obligation – to enter into a contract with us we need certain personal information to process and fulfil the contract, for example a booking or supply.
• Legal obligation – if required by law to process personal information, for example to comply with health and safety or to provide information to the police to prevent fraud or criminal activity.
• Legitimate interest – for a genuine business reason that does not override your rights, freedom or interests for example administrative purposes, or using your purchase history to send you personalised offers.
• Vital interest - to protect another person’s vital interests.
• Public interest – for carrying out or complying with public functions or public interest.
You have the right at any time to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and confirmation of how it is being processed. You will be required to verify your identity when making a request. If you would like to make a request for information please email email@example.com
You also have the right to:
• request that we correct inaccuracies to your information or complete your information if incomplete. You must notify us of any updates, amendments or corrections to previously collected personal information either via the Booking Update Form via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We require you to keep the personal information we hold on you up to date and accurate;
• request that we delete some or all of your personal information for example if it is no longer necessary for us to hold it for the purpose it was provided and we have no legal basis to retain it;
• request that we stop or limit the processing of your information where you think the information we hold is inaccurate (until the accuracy is proved or updated); if you have objected to the processing (when it was necessary for legitimate interests); if you have consented to the
use of it; or if it is no longer necessary for us to hold it for the purpose it was provided and we have no legal basis to retain it;
• (in certain circumstances) move, copy or transfer your personal information to another organisation or to yourself. This applies only to personal information you have provided us with and is being processed by us with your consent or for performance of a contract and is processed automatically;
How Long We Keep Your Information
Your personal information will be retained for no longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which we collected it or as required to satisfy any legal or reporting obligation or to resolve a dispute or enforce an agreement. When we no longer require your personal information, we will dispose of it in line with approved processes. If personal data is retained for legal or reporting obligations it will be archived and reduced to the minimum information required.
If you have provided us with your consent to process your personal information you have the right to withdraw this at any time. In order to do so you should contact us by emailing email@example.com
You also have the right to contact the Information Commissioners Office at https://ico.org.uk
Changes To This Notice
Our policies are constantly under review and this Privacy Notice may be changed by us at any time. Any changes shall be posted on the Website (www.mattcasesax.com) and we recommend that you check regularly to review the latest version.
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your device or web browser by websites you visit. They are widely used to make websites work more efficiently or to identify your device when you return to a website. Certain cookies may be set as soon as you visit this Website.
This website uses performance cookies and functional cookies.
We may use performance cookies, like Google Analytics, to enable us to update our website to tailor user preferences and enhance performance. These cookies collect aggregated information on how this website is used. This information is anonymised and does not identify
any individual user. Performance cookies are used on this website to:
• Provide statistics on how this website is used (including selections that you have made and services that you have viewed during your use of this website)
• Gather non-user specific technical data regarding usage of this website and provide statistics on how our Website is used including traffic patterns and numbers
• Anonymous tracking of interaction with online advertising to monitor the number of times that a banner ad is displayed and the number of times it is clicked
• Help us improve this website by measuring any errors that occur
• Test different designs of our website
This website also uses functional cookies to allow this Website to remember choices you make, and any customisations you make to Website pages during your visit. They are necessary to provide features and services specific to individual users. Functional cookies are used on this
• Remember that you have been provided with our cookie information and consent notification
• Fulfil a request by a user, such as using social media to share content on this Website
• Customise or personalise your experience of the site, for example, so that we can greet you on the site by name
• Monitor your use of our Website in order to make our communications to you as relevant as possible and for other marketing and advertising research purposes
• To register you in programs and to recognise your Website preferences
• To recognise repeat visitors for statistical and analytical purposes
• Remember the selected country/location and language
We may also use clear gifs (also known as web bugs or web beacons), which are tiny graphics embedded in web pages and email messages that we use, in connection with cookies, to collect non-personal information from users to analyse site usage, manage content on the Website, track visits to other related sites, and track the performance of online advertising.
You may delete and block some or all cookies from the Website, but parts of the Website may not then work. Preventing cookies is likely to affect our ability to update this Website to cater for your preferences and improve its performance. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org To manage cookies linked to targeting/advertising activities, visit www.youronlinechoices.com To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. To adjust your preferences for flash cookies (and whether or not you wish to accept them for the Websites or other websites), please visit
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this website.
Who We Are
www.mattcasesax.com (“Website”) is a website operated by Matt Case (”We”). To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
By Using Our Website You Accept These Terms
There Are Other Terms That May Apply To You
• Our Privacy Notice, which sets out the terms on which we process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us.
You may use our Website only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Website:
• in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation;
• in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
• for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way;
• to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards;
• to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
• to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
• not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our Website in contravention any of the provisions of these terms;
• not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
• any part of our Website;
• any equipment or network on which our Website is stored;
• any software used in the provision of our Website; or
• any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Website. Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered. We are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we
provide on our Website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards. We understand that children and young people under the age of 13 years (“Children”) may visit
our Website. Children may need their parent or guardian’s permission to use or access certain areas of our Website or receive certain information through the Website. Children may also be asked to confirm they have that permission and we reserve the right to verify parental or guardian consent where required. We do not actively market to Children.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our Website (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
• be accurate (where they state facts);
• be genuinely held (where they state opinions);
• comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted. Contributions must not:
• contain any material which is defamatory of any person;
• contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
• promote sexually explicit material;
• promote violence;
• promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
• infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person;
• be likely to deceive any person;
• be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
• promote any illegal activity;
• be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety;
• be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person;
• be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
• give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case;
• advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with these standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our Website will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our Website a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute
and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to the authorities if a third party is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We have the right to remove any posting you make on our Website if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards or if a third party claims that content you posted
constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or their right to privacy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
Suspension And Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these terms through your use of our Website. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
• immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Website;
• immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our Website;
• issue of a warning to you;
• legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach;
• further legal action against you;
• disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We May Make Changes To These Terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Website, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We May Make Changes To Our Website
We may update and change our Website from time to time at our discretion.
We May Suspend Or Withdraw Our Website
Our Website is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Website for business and operational reasons.
How You May Make Use Of Material On This Website
We are the owner and the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Website for your personal, non-commercial use and you may draw the attention of others to content posted on our Website.
You must not modify, reproduce, distribute or republish the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Website must always be acknowledged. You must not use any part of the content on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us and/or our licensors as appropriate.
Do Not Rely On Information On this Website
The content on our Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Website. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
We Are Not Responsible For Websites We Link To
Where our Website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those websites or resources and accept no responsibility for them nor any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
User Generated Content s Not Approved By Us
This Website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the website and our social media platforms to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our Website do not represent our views or values.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us on email@example.com
Our Responsibility For Loss Or Damaged Suffered By You
Please note that we only provide our Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Website or for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our Website. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
• use of, or inability to use, our Website; or
• use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Website.
In particular, we will not be liable for:
• loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
• business interruption;
• loss of anticipated savings;
• loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
• any indirect or consequential loss or damage
We Are Not Responsible For Viruses And You Must Not Introduce Them
We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our site is stored or any server,
computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial- of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such
breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
Rules To Linking To Our Website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our Website in any website that is not owned by you.
Our Website must not be framed on any other website, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in these terms.
Territory Laws Applying To Disputes
Resources And Further Information
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 – The Guide